View job on Handshake
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Associate Director for Field Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst focuses on account reconciliations, voucher review and financial report reconciliation of assigned overseas offices. Assigned offices have a higher level of complexity and varying volume of transactional activity as the personnel’s sole responsibility pertains to field accounting tasks. For each assigned office, the Senior Financial Analyst’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review monthly field finance report reconciliation for assigned countries/projects field finance reports and supporting documentation/vouchers, bank statement reconciliation to G/L, AR, AP, prepaid expense, tax and payroll liabilities, accrued expenses, travel advance and settlement.
- Ensure compliance with company, donor, and government regulations. Communicate the findings to the field office and follow up to clear those findings.
- Review field financial reports for timely submission, proper recording of transactions and accurate utilization of the chart of accounts
- Review field office wire requests to ascertain the reasonableness of the request and the availability of approved documentation. Relay any atypical request deviations to the Finance Manager for further clarification as necessary.
- Assist field offices with their monthly wire projections
- Actively participate in the creation and preparation of Field and HQ finance training sessions & tools, especially Quick Books
- Maintain and coordinate proactive communications with field finance personnel and Project Coordinators (PC) to provide timely finance support.
- As needed, perform field office reviews to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, in addition to identifying lessons learned for implementation in other field offices and applicable areas for improvement.
As assigned by supervisor:
- Reconcile Field related G/L accounts maintained in HQ accounting system.
- Upload Monthly Field Reports in HQ accounting system during the monthly closing.
- Review and approve Field Bank Reconciliations.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all field balance sheet items maintained in QuickBooks.
- Prepare monthly voucher exceptions and advance reports.
- Coordinate the archiving of the vouchers hard and soft copies.
- Provide assistance to Contracts Department in developing cost proposals when needed.
- Provide assistance to Corporate Finance, when needed.
- Prepare monthly sub-recipient / sub-contract report.
- Monitor all sub-recipients / sub-contractors managed by HQ.
- Actively contribute the conception and implementation of Finance system enhancement.
- Support the preparation of audits and other financial reviews.
- Prepare financial statements for annual filings / country registration renewals
- Make sure field bank signatories’ information is updated and FBAR reports are sent annually.
- Review, process and follow up all international wires
- Participate in the preparation of the weekly cashflow report.
- Administer the implementation of the field e-timesheet system.
- Additional duties may be assigned
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Four-year undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major or equivalent work experience.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in donor-funded finance or accounting, portfolio management, project operations accounting or auditing.
- Familiarity with compliance to Federal Acquisitions Regulations.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to manage high volume workload in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience working with USAID and other major donors preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Costpoint preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in another language in addition to English preferred.
This position is open to qualified candidates legally authorized to work in the United States. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.