Senior Financial Analyst – Fleet Operations
About the Role
Join Hertz for a chance to lead in creating the new landscape of transportation and mobility! The Fleet Operations Finance team supports the Operations and Corporate functions leading Hertz’ most exciting and innovative strategic initiatives, including the Transformation Management Office, Electric Vehicles, Rideshare driver rentals, Retail Car Sales, Last-mile Delivery, and Fleet Analytics. These functions are trailblazing new and exciting opportunities for Hertz’s future, and the Fleet Operations Finance team is closely embedded into all of them as a valued business partner.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for providing financial management and analysis for any of the various business segments or initiatives mentioned. This is a fantastic opportunity for a finance professional to join a high-energy, dynamic team that is focused on personal and career development. This team works closely with multiple members of Hertz’ Senior Management Group and has clear visibility into the Company’s highest priority initiatives. This role will equip you with financial partnership experience in both field operations and corporate functions and will springboard you onto a path towards finance leadership.
What you will do
This role gives you a wide exposure to use different skillsets and expand your toolbelt. In addition to the supporting foundational financial processes, you may go from creating a new forecasting methodology to designing a complex financial model for a completely new mobility business segment. The next day you may create a labor optimization plan or build a regression model that predicts customer risk. Time to stretch your legs? Travel to our retail locations to do location audits and observe operations first-hand. We are blending operational and financial data together to maximize the value a Finance team can bring to the organization.
While every day is different, you can expect to spend time being responsible for the following:
FORECASTING AND REPORTING
· Develop long-term and short-term forecasts, as well as complex models and scenarios
· Identify business issues and opportunities by analyzing financial and non-financial data
· Analyze, interpret and evaluate data by challenging inputs and performing reasonability assessments
· Proactively identify key performance indicators that drive better decision making
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND BUDGETING
· Prepare and interpret operational budgets, identify gaps and assesses consistency with the overall business strategy
· Present, defend and negotiate business plans to management
· Identify and evaluate risk associated with business performance and strategy
· Combine Operational and Financial data for highest-quality insights
· Identify opportunities to partner with Data Scientists to perform complex statistical analysis to solve business problems
· Condense and synthesize vast financial data into meaningful and actionable message using dashboards to identify opportunities for management to improve performance
· Communicate performance measurements via visualizations (tableau dashboard development)
· Plan and conduct financial/operational audits of retail locations. Verify compliance of activities with policies, regulations, and procedures
· Reports audit findings to strategic business leaders, communicate the impact of identified audit risks and recommend corrective action
· Seek and build alliances within the finance organization and across the business to ensure that finance is included as a vital strategic partner in the business decision making processes
· Provide input as a key business partner for strategic business agenda development
· Implement solutions to improve existing processes
· Challenge conventional approaches to existing processes and tools
· Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience, or MBA, Masters or CPA
· Excellent PC skills, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint
· Oracle/Hyperion experience
· Tableau or equivalent data visualization a plus
· SQL proficiency a plus
· Some travel required
We are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst with MBA or Masters, or Undergrad with experience. We will also consider an undergrad without a lot of experience as a Financial Analyst.