Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) can significantly speed up drug discovery and development and shorten identification of the right patients for clinical trials thereby creating better medicines that save lives. AI and Deep Analytics (AIDA) is a critical group in Data and Data Science (DDS) organization at Sanofi R&D focused on applications of AI/ML and Deep Learning (DL) in life sciences and biopharmaceuticals.
Our existing research and development areas include precision medicine and bioinformatics; computational design of therapeutic antibodies and small molecules; bioimaging and digital pathology using deep learning; natural language processing (NLP), digital signal processing (DSP) and machine learning applied to digital health and patient-generated data from wearables.
Scientists in our team come from diverse backgrounds in computational life sciences and engineering with deep expertise in AI/ML, deep learning, and algorithmic analysis of data.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist in our AIDA group at Sanofi R&D with a strong background in deep learning and its applications in bioimaging and digital pathology, particularly, analysis of multiplex Immunofluorescence (IF) images and histopathology slides. Bioimaging and Digital Pathology have immense applications in tissue deep phenotyping and understanding of drug signatures and response.
The candidate will directly report to the Global Head of AI and Deep Analytics at Sanofi R&D.
The responsibilities of the data scientist in AI and Deep Analytics will include:
- Applying AI/ML for modeling and embedding of data plus performing tasks such as classification, clustering, prediction, generation, and relationship discovery.
- Close interactions with other data scientists, subject matter experts (SMEs), and business stakeholders
- Update and report relevant results to interdisciplinary project teams and stakeholders
- Maintain a keen awareness of recent developments in data science and cloud computing infrastructures and state-of-the-art of AI/ML/DL algorithms and research results
- Active engagement in evaluation and coordination of both academic and startup collaborations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Information and Engineering Sciences, Physics, Biophysics, or Statistics with an emphasis on machine learning and deep learning applied to image processing
- +3 years of industry experience with a strong record of accomplishments and project experience in applications of AI/ML
- Strong familiarity with Deep Learning, neural network architectures including CNNs, RNNs, Embeddings, Transfer Learning, and Attention-based Networks.
- Familiarity with Data Visualization libraries and dimensionality reduction algorithms
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with some of deep learning libraries such as Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and OpenCV
- The ability to work with APIs and multi-GPU machines on the cloud
- A change agent with a combination of business, science & technology, and diplomatic skills