The Data Engineer will work with a multidisciplinary team including cyber subject matter experts, engineers, scientists, and software developers to deliver end-to-end solutions that address customer requirements. They should have expertise and/or demonstrated history of architecting and managing data collection pipelines with application in data analysis and automation. They will be working on a multidisciplinary team with minimal supervision to facilitate data science efforts and oversee various development efforts. They will be responsible for implementing and maintaining customized infrastructures to collect, store, and access data for research, development, and information gathering purposes.
Senior Data Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to multiple projects as they integrate data analysis & automation into their workflow
- Collaborate with engineers and subject matter experts to design customized solutions that meet evolving project requirements
- Build data analysis environments to ingest and process data from a variety of industrial systems
- Serve as data administrator for small development teams
- Conduct appropriate testing on all developed infrastructures
- Employ database management best practices to optimize data analysis pipelines
Senior Data Engineer Required Experience:
- Must be a U. S. citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, operations research, mathematics, physics, or a related field with a minimum of 7-9 years of relevant industry or academic experience
- Work supports the National Capital Region/Ft. Belvoir but remote work is available for this role
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL, and experience with other languages (GO, C++, etc.)
- Communicate complex quantitative matters in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Strong sense of ownership and attention to detail
Senior Data Engineer Desired Experience:
- Advanced degree in computer science, IT, operations research, mathematics, physics, or a related field
- Related experience in cybersecurity and/or binary analysis
- Strong willingness to expand knowledge base
- Acumen for autonomous work alongside a collaborative team
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.