Safe communities for Washington State.
Promote public safety and trust through fair administration, education and enforcement of liquor, tobacco, cannabis and vapor laws.
This recruitment is open until filled. First review of applications will be October 17, 2022. The hiring authority reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. We encourage all to apply as early as possible.
This position is currently eligible to telework.
Who we are
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Our commitment to DEIB
The Liquor and Cannabis Board (LCB) strives to promote Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) in all aspects of our workforce.
Your opportunity at a glance
If you have an interest in working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define the governance framework necessary for creating, testing and maintaining complex database systems for the agency including reviewing other technical team member designs for compliance and efficiency, we encourage you to apply to be a part of the WSLCB team!
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Training and career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting opportunities
- Generous wellness program
- Onsite exercise facility
- Active and engaging diversity program
- Infant at Work program
- Organization’s commitment to your personal health and well-being
- Work/life balance
- Free parking
- A comprehensive benefits package
Some of the duties you will perform are:
- Create and maintain current and future state data architectures. Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality. Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and future state. Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities.
- Ensure that all data objects required by the database(s) are accurately defined and represented at the level warranted based on data model type.
- Define entities, their attributes and their relationships for all conceptual data models. Define exact datatypes, lengths assigned and default values for all logical data models. Normalize the data to the third normal form (3NF) for all logical data models.
- Define the relational tables, primary and foreign keys and stored procedures for all physical data models. Address cardinality and nullability of relationships between tables for all physical data models. Define views, indexes, access profiles, and authorizations for all physical data models.
- Identify missing and redundant data and leverage data modeling best practices to resolve and/or remediate.
- Develop a database modeling schema (DBMS) including the location, data storage and technology to be used for all projects/efforts.
- Collect descriptive statistics like minimum, maximum, count and sum. Collect data types, lengths and recurring patterns. Tag data with keywords, descriptions and categories.
- Perform data quality assessments to expose potential risks of performing joins on the data. Discover metadata and assess its accuracy. Identify distributions, key candidates, foreign-key candidates, functional dependencies, embedded value dependencies, and perform inter-table analysis.
- Work collaboratively with data owners to understand legacy system data design, data structures (i.e. format, location, sensitivity, etc.) and business requirements (e.g. records retention, data security, data privacy, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with functional team members (e.g. System Architect, System Engineer, etc.) to understand the target system data design and any new business requirements (e.g. data archiving, disaster recovery, data masking, etc.).
Experience for required qualifications can be gained through various combinations of formal professional employment and educational experience. See below for how you may qualify.
Three (3) years of demonstrable progressive experience or advanced-level knowledge in:
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) methodologies and techniques to include data replication, data masking, data encryption and data testing.
- .NET Framework, MVC, C#.
- Data warehousing, data modeling, and data analysis.
- Data management, data integration/backup, database development and data performance optimization.
Demonstrable progressive experience or advanced-level knowledge in a combination of following:
- Relational database and business intelligence technologies.
- Relating architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs.
- Developing reference architecture, principles and standards.
- Communicating across all levels of the organization and working with diverse project teams.
- Data profiling.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university; OR 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following IT disciplines: system architecture, system development, database administration.
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP).
- Experience working is a local/state/federal government environment where IT security best practices, policies and procedures are required and audited.
Please APPLY at link provided.