**This position offers a flexible work arrangement that allows a hybrid schedule (both in office location and/or telework) to include up to eight days per pay period telework.**
As a Senior Data Analyst at the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA), this position provides leadership in integrating advanced data analyses and visualization methods into agency operations to support long-term, strategic, and program-level goals. Using data science expertise and advanced agency knowledge, this position develops, executes, and communicates highly technical data analyses in order to provide high-level data-driven decision support to senior agency management for statewide regulatory, environmental and organizational performance evaluation and improvement. This position works in a lead role to foster and extend the MPCA’s application of advanced analytics, visualization methods and geospatial analysis tools. This position also develops and conducts evaluations for new programs and/or for areas with little or no procedural precedent.
- Candidates must clearly demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Environmental Science or other Natural Science; or Statistics, Computer Science or other related degree with a broad knowledge of environmental sciences, natural sciences, data science, or Geographical Information System (GIS) AND three (3) years of demonstrated experience managing data; querying databases; performing quantitative analysis, spatial analysis, statistical modeling; and/or analyzing and reporting on data.
- Ability to conduct advanced data analyses and leverage opportunities for improvement, even in unfamiliar systems and business processes.
- Technical writing skills sufficient to organize and effectively present ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Human relation and communication skills sufficient to collaborate, work effectively, and create understanding within a wide range of clientele, partners, and interested parties.
- Accomplished planning and organizational skills to meet priorities, goals and objectives, monitor work, and follow up on implementation.
- Expertise in manipulating large datasets with a wide variety of approaches and tools.
- Expertise in identifying and extracting factual information from a variety of sources to produce clear, concise analysis and reports.
- Expertise in a wide variety of data science (data collection, analysis, processing, evaluation, visualization, etc.) software such as Tableau, SQL, Snap Surveys, Excel, Python, R or other statistical analysis software.
- Expertise in querying MPCA data systems such as TEMPO, EQuIS, etc.
- Experience designing and conducting both summative and formative program evaluation.
Why Work For Us
Our mission is to protect and improve the environment and human health. We work with many partners (citizens, communities, and businesses, all levels of government, environmental groups and educators) to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and to help ensure polluting does not have disproportionate impact on any groups of people. We emphasize work-life balance with flex schedules, compressed schedules, and options to telework for some positions.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.