View job on Handshake
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
The Senior Financial Analyst – Material Cost Controlling is a key member of the finance staff reporting directly to the Manager of Controlling. This position will collect and analyze financial information related to the organization’s material costs, seeking ways to improve accuracy of forecasts. This position will work with local purchasing, operations (logistics), and corporate purchase controlling. In addition, the Financial Analyst will work closely with the Controlling Teams of affiliated entities as well as with the local engineering on all levels. TBB Finance Controlling is a dynamic, agile group that works closely together to support all TBB functions of the organization. Thus, the ability to work well within a team is key to success.
– Track and analyze (body and chassis) material costs via tracking specs to provide steering impulses for cost optimization initiatives
– Analyze the accuracy of material costs and work with Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Purchasing and Product Planning groups to ensure that bus models and new parts are properly costed and priced.
– Assist Controlling Manager as liaison with DTNA Purchase Controlling and TBB Purchasing groups ensuring material cost developments (body and chassis) are accurately included in monthly forecasting and planning cycles.
– Analyze and investigate all material variance accounts monthly working with Operations (Logistics) and Purchasing to determine error resolution.
– Support Controlling Manager with material cost development within the planning and forecasting cycles
– Work with Operations (Manufacturing Engineers) to validate Fabrication BOMs and routings.
– Act as liaison to Controlling teams of affiliated entities to provide in depth material cost analysis and price transparency
– Be strongly involved into continuous improvement activities and lead various cross-functional projects to boost performance across finance departments and business units
– Be ready to work on ad-hoc projects which require research and a flexible mindset
– Cross train within TBB Finance department in order to back-up other positions
– Support the annual physical inventory process
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
– Bachelor’s Degree with focus in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university/college required
– 3+ years of product costing experience
– Positive attitude and solution-oriented mindset
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures is a must
– An attached resume is required
Typical Minimum Experience Preferred (Desired Skills/Experience)
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required.
– Proficiency in SAP ERP systems.
– Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
– CPA, CMA or MBA.
– Previous costing experience in manufacturing industry.
– Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
– Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.