View job on Handshake
RTI’s Business Development (BD) Team is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time BD Analyst. The BD Analyst will support RTI’s Strategic Account Executives during the business development life cycle with pipeline management, opportunity vetting, competitive intelligence, partnering, and client communication needs. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Proposal Analytics and Intelligence while working closely with Strategic Account Executives to build a strong pipeline and increase awards that further RTI’s mission of improving the human condition.
Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing a thorough understanding of RTI’s capabilities, competitive landscape, and market to inform business development efforts.
• Developing a general understanding of our clients and their mission, with a focus on certain key clients.
• Proactively monitor, identify, and develop potential opportunities associated with assigned key accounts.
• Assisting with pipeline management in Salesforce.
• Building both internal and external relationships and working closely with Strategic Account Executives across the organization.
• Collaborating with other analysts and business development partners across the organization for information exchange and cross-functional value.
• Assisting with knowledge management needs regarding opportunity tracking and management, potential partners, as well as other business development operations.
• Facilitate and direct meetings with clients, partners, and competitors during business development meetings, as needed.
• Attend conferences and networking opportunities for business development, as needed.
• Performing research to map client priorities and contracting opportunities to RTI’s capabilities.
• Analyzing competitive industry trends and conducting business intelligence to assist with producing business landscape status reports for strategic clients.
• Developing templates and repeatable tools for client needs.
• Increasing knowledge of triangulating competitive intelligence by analyzing spending data and client/competitor news.
• Organizing meetings with internal and external stakeholders regarding opportunity development.
• Identifying partners and the ability to conduct investigative conversations with partners.
• Drafting communication, developing presentation materials, recording notes for meetings, and documenting findings.
• Conducting ad-hoc tasks and projects relating to business development and competitive intelligence activities.
• Proposing and implementing new enhancements or procedures within own job function.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of related experience or Master’s degree and 3 years of related experience.
• Awareness of government contracting landscape is a plus.
• Experience working for a federal agency in the education, health, justice, or climate market, whether directly or as a contractor, is a plus.
• Familiarity with government contracting websites and products such as USASpending, GovWin, Bloomberg, SAM.gov, and GSA eBuy.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce (SharePoint a plus).
• Willingness to take on challenges, learn new subject matter, and think curiously and creatively.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, accuracy with work, strong organizational skill, and attention to detail.
• Ability to help influence decision making amongst senior level leaders.
• Ability to stay organized and manage competing deadlines and responsibilities
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa sponsorship
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.