The Senior Analyst, Data Governance & Strategy will support the Director / Manager in enacting Circle K’s enterprise-wide data governance, strategy and execution within the Global Analytics & Insights organization. The Senior Analyst will work through specific Data Governance and Analytics initiatives and perform tactical assessments of the quality of data obtained and provided to the broader organization. The Senior Analyst will support the administration of Data Governance Council actions at the direction of the Director / Manager in working with Data Stewards at our Global offices as well as communicating and supporting key upstream governance activities, primarily interfacing with the Global Technology and Finance organizations with respect to data quality improvement.
In this role, the successful candidate will support the development and implementation of data standards, ensuring metadata is captured correctly, by working closely with business units and various departments in maintaining and enhancing master data. The Sr. Analyst will utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve data integrity opportunities across multiple systems and platforms, as well as creating methods for monitoring data and providing guidance on streamlining data management.
- Supports the Global Head and Director / Manager in maintaining, communicating, and enforcing Data Governance policies, processes, and procedures
- Assists in data impact analysis and data quality initiatives within Global Analytics & Insights
- Supports team to ensure effective internal controls by monitoring metrics and data, driving performance through improvement initiatives
- Works closely with the Global Technology and Finance organizations, as well as business data stewards to assess/communicate data changes and the resulting technology impacts
- At the direction of team leadership, understands the upstream and downstream data impacts and develops, implements, and manages control structures and business rules used to govern data transformations
- Ensures data element lineage and other business and technical metadata is well documented
- Supports efforts to monitor compliance with established standards and metrics
- Supports the development of the business data dictionary and glossary across all functions
- Supports the creation and production of data quality scorecards
- Supports team in overseeing the actions of Data Stewards within the various business units and business functions
- Supports execution of data quality audits and assesses results
- Identifies and supports execution of process improvement opportunities
- Implements corrective actions to resolve data quality problems at the direction of team leadership
- Supports Global Head and Director / Manager in consolidation of domain-level data quality metrics for consumption at the Data Governance Organization (DGO) and Data Governance Council (DGC) levels
- Communicates and reviews findings with senior team members
- Participates in all key meetings and documents minutes and action items
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation / operating procedures for all process work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years of experience with Data Governance and/or Information Management discipline
- Knowledge of data structures, systems and BI tools related to data management
- Experience with Master Data Management platforms such as Tibco EBX, Riversand, Stibo etc.
- Experience with data governance tools such as Collibra, Azure Purview; and data management tools such as Alation, Paxata etc.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required, including the ability to create and utilize v-lookups, pivot tables, and other complex formulas
- Ability to self-manage while consistently exercising good judgment and maturity
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential departmental and corporate information
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment managing multiple projects and personnel simultaneously. Must possess ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks
- Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
- Clear understanding of change management preferred. This should include participating in the development or implementation of solutions which require comprehensive shifts in operational practices
- Ability to anticipate situations, tools needed, and potential obstacles through critical thinking and review of business performance
- Ability to gather process information and make recommendations and decisions based on data and findings
- Ability to produce high quality work products, with consistency, accuracy and completeness
- Ability to listen effectively, process information, ask appropriate questions for clarification and execute tasks accordingly
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, technology, engineering or a related field.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Effective communicator and collaborator across all functions with ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company’s use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: