Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $651 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at www.metlife.com/investments to learn more.
The Senior Analyst, Ratings & Valuation Review position is a part of the Risk, Research & Analytics team supporting analytics of the commercial mortgage investments of MetLife Investment Management. This position plays a key role in assessing and communicating the credit risk of proposed and existing commercial mortgage investments through the evaluation of collateral values, cash flow projections, loan terms and market conditions. The position assigns internal bond-equivalent ratings to the investments and it drafts ratings reports used by external and internal clients. The position helps assess and develop ratings tools and processes. Internal ratings are used to assess and track portfolio credit risk, communicate credit risk of individual loans to external and internal clients, and are used as a key input into the loan valuation, reserving and economic capital processes.
- Develop internal credit ratings for proposed and existing commercial mortgages, including senior, subordinate and below investment grade debt.
- Work closely with regional offices and loan managers to ensure appropriate understanding of assets necessary to accurately assign credit ratings and review collateral valuations.
- Use “best in class” ratings process and techniques for commercial mortgages, including the use of sophisticated commercial mortgage credit models.
- Support the Director of Ratings & Valuation Review in assessing ratings and valuations (rating migration, portfolio rating stratification, portfolio valuation trends, underwriting trends / cap rate trends, etc.).
- Train and direct other Associates
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s required
- 3-5 years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate credit, underwriting or portfolio analytics or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in real estate credit and risk assessment,
- Experience in application of commercial real estate equity and/or commercial mortgage portfolio analysis tools and techniques in a rating agency, bank, insurance company, or other lending institution.
- Advanced analytical abilities and excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Argus, Word, Excel, and Power BI.
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of Moody’s CMM, CoStar’s Compass or similar commercial mortgage default models preferred.
- Experience working with regulators (state or federal), rating agencies and auditors preferred.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”