The Palisades Group, LLC (“Company”), is an investment firm that is seeking an Senior Accountant to join its growing and dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be a bachelor or masters graduate in accounting, working towards CPA qualification, and relevant work experience. The accountant will be responsible for accounting and finance functions for the Company, its funds, and certain client accounts.
As of March 31, 2022, Palisades manages mortgage, real estate, and fixed income assets that amount to over $6 billion in notional balance through a series of separate accounts and discretionary investment funds for globally recognized asset managers, private equity, family office, endowments, foundations, banks, broker dealers, and insurance companies.
The Senior Accountant will work alongside a team of CPAs and Finance executives with combined industry and Big 4 accounting experience of over 30 years with a high amount of visibility to the CIO, CFO, and all partners of the Company. The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, a growth mindset, and the ability to work well in teams on multiple ongoing projects.
• Completing month-end closing and financial reporting processes.
• Review journal entries and reconciliations.
• Establishing controls and updates to accounting records and files.
• Prepare and file regulatory reports.
• Analyze expenses and accruals.
• Assisting in tax reporting and preparation.
• Meet processing and reporting deadlines.
• Lead in provision of information requests, review financial statements, and assist with audits.
• Work in unison with Finance & Accounting team to improve financial processes.
• Interface with fund administrator in accounting for fund-related activity.
• Understand and ensure processes comply with internal controls and business processes, and implement improvements as needed.
• Ad-hoc accounting research and application.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, CPA or actively working towards qualification.
• Required Experience: 3+ years at a Public Accounting firm or equivalent.
• Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Technical Experience: Strong Microsoft Excel skills with understanding of key functions and pivot tables, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, basic SQL skills a plus.