View job on Handshake
You must also apply through the provided external job link in order to be considered for this position.
Do you possess a love for numbers and a passion for finding the answers hidden within them? Are you curious about digital ads and what inspires a customer to click through? IXL is looking for an analytical individual with strong writing skills and an interest in marketing to join our digital marketing team and help us build, measure, and improve our marketing campaigns.
Digital marketing is both an art and a science, and we’re looking for someone who excels at both creative and quantitative thinking. As an SEM Analyst, you will play an integral role in developing and optimizing our marketing campaigns. You’ll be weighing in on the best ways to grow our user base, drive product usage, and increase customer retention via digital advertising and other marketing channels. You’ll learn functional digital marketing skills, all while making a real and quantifiable difference in our marketing efforts.
This is a full time, entry level position in our San Mateo, CA headquarters office (when we return to the office).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Eat, breathe, and live data. Identify key trends in data to figure out what’s working so that we can scale it and what isn’t working so that we can scrap or refine it.
- Manage our ad accounts, including Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook, Pinterest, and more. Maintain and monitor spend, conversions, and other key metrics. Brainstorm and implement new campaigns to drive engagement and acquire customers profitably.
- Write clear, effective ads for all of our properties across all ad platforms. Test out different types of messaging. Localize copy for ads serving to international customers.
- Collaborate with our UI team to design engaging creative.
- Work on developing and testing other acquisition channels outside of ads, for example increasing site traffic and engagement via SEO.
- Question and continuously test everything. From on-site testing to email optimization to onboarding flows in our app, we optimize every detail of the IXL end-user experience.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS degree with some experience in SEM or data analysis.
- Possess strong quantitative and creative-thinking skills. Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills are also a must.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with PPC-related concepts such as attribution and cross-device conversions.
- Pivot tables and VLOOKUPs in Microsoft Excel are second nature to you.
- Be a fast learner! This team moves quickly and ad platforms constantly update with new features we take advantage of.
- Have a passion for educational technology and a desire to help us bring personalized learning to students around the world!
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: creating innovative learning experiences that help all learners reach their full potential. IXL’s comprehensive curriculum and insightful analytics help more than 800,000 teachers deliver personalized instruction, and empower over 12 million students to achieve new learning milestones every day.