View job on Handshake
Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About our group:
The Operations & Technology Advanced Analytics Group works on initiatives helping our business units turn the data they have into the information they need to develop and deliver industry-leading storage solutions.
About the role – you will:
- Develop state of the art analytics and data science solutions to solve/optimize technical problems in technical areas
- Utilize big data analytics tools and apply analytical techniques for data retrieval, preparation, and discovery
- Involve in advanced analytics projects and take part in the data science project journey from solution development to deployment
- Implement data science algorithm and utilize big data advanced analytics platform to create applications for stakeholders
- Create visualization output to illustrate prediction result
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics, or other related areas
- Passionate about computer programming and data analytics
- Self-motivated, independent and a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and proactive
Your experience includes:
- Programming experience in Python, Keras, Tensorflow, Flask and/or Django
- Experience in GIT, Docker container, Kubernetes, AWS, microservices, CI/CD, DevOps, MLOps
- Goodss understanding and experience in machine learning/deep learning such as time-series analysis, CNN, NLP, text analytics or image analytics area
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.