Location: Fremont, CA, US
About our group:
You will be working in the recording physics and advanced development group at Seagate recording media research center where we help understand media recording physics and design directions for further extending data storage capacity. The team works closely with the sputter team and plays a critical role in developing the next generation recording technology.
About the role – you will:
● Develop and improve existing models to evaluate recording Physics and media designs for both Perpendicular and Heat-assisted Magnetic Recording (HAMR) media.
● Improve the efficiency of Existing recording Modeling, integrating different modeling modules to enhance the Modeling capability, ranging from Atomistic, LLB and recording system modeling
● Automating the process of calibrating our recording modeling parameters with metrology results.
● Compare measurement results with modeling results to understand the underlying media Physics and help provide insights for media design improvements
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
● Currently pursuing a Masters or PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field.
● Available summer 2022 starting in May or June and returning to school in the fall.
● Familiar with Linux system as a user.
● Master in C/C++ (CUDA optional but nice to have)
● Familiar with Python
● Expert in micromagnetics modeling
● Proficient communication with team members.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a creative environment.
Your experience includes:
● Other helpful skills include: previous experience with computational simulations and modeling of magnetic systems
● Experience with magnetic characterizations would be a plus , but not required
Location: Fremont, CA
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
Location: Fremont, USA, Research Center
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.