Boston / New York City
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP), a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Scientific Analyst, you will help Aetion and our clients deliver data analysis results through the use of the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP). This is an exciting opportunity to learn from the leaders in pharmacological epidemiology and to push the boundaries of real-world data analysis in healthcare.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Aetion team members and clients to implement detailed study protocols for real-world epidemiological studies across disease areas, using the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP) and healthcare claims/electronic health record (EHR) data.
- Become an expert in the AEP’s programming logic, and share that understanding with teammates through presentations, and written documentation, and live discussions to promote accurate and thoughtful data analysis.
- Support client users of the AEP using complex problem-solving and innovative thinking as they work on their own studies across datasets.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal and client-facing resources for customers’ adoption and use of the AEP, such as client trainings, best practices for data analysis on the AEP and other key materials including documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Perform literature reviews in various disease areas and public health domains to support protocol/manuscript writing and to contextualize data analysis results prior to results deliveries.
- With support, present to clients at multiple points in the study trajectory including protocol development, data analysis, and results readout.
- Support the development, submission, and presentation of manuscripts and conference abstracts/posters for client-driven or internally-driven research.
- Dive deeply into datasets to better understand the underlying data structure and uses of different data sources (opportunity to leverage basic SQL).
- Take initiative to own/develop/improve processes that support team productivity, growth, and culture.
- Higher levels of seniority will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring, and recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), preferably in public health, sciences, engineering, statistics/mathematics, social sciences, or a related analytic field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a research or analytic area, or equivalent. Such experiences can include part-time work, summer jobs, and/or research conducted at school.
- Interest in improving healthcare through technology and data
- Coursework/research in public health, epidemiology, or biostatistics a plus.
- Experience with programming language (R, Python, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with cross-functional teams a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking and collaborative brainstorming.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new tools and adapt as those tools change.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication in verbal and written form.
- Eager to “get things right” by asking questions and sharing learnings with others.
- Eager to receive constructive feedback and learn from mistakes.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Aetion offices or to client sites.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston’s financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
- Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 of 2021
- Parity.org’s 2021 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’s 2022 Digital Health 100
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.