Do you believe that all students can achieve academic success? Are you passionate about leading adults and supporting them as they help students reach new heights in learning? Staff at Alpha have the opportunity to create and safeguard opportunities for students in under-resourced communities while collaborating with a joyful team of educators committed to sending our scholars to college.
Alpha is seeking a strategic and entrepreneurial School Operations Manager who will thrive in a dynamic school environment. The School Operations Manager will be a key member of the school’s leadership team, and will serve a leadership role in matters not directly related to instruction. The School Operations Manager will drive the creation and improvement of efficient and high quality systems and processes at the school. The School Operations Manager will manage the school’s Office Manager and Office Assistant.
We are seeking passionate individuals who embody Alpha’s mission, vision and core beliefs- leaders who believe that all students can learn, that our scholars belong in college, and that student growth is a reflection of the teacher’s practice. We are looking for leaders who are reflective in their practice and are willing to engage in conversations around educational equity and inclusivity. At Alpha, you will uphold rigorous expectations for all staff and students, while leading from a place of empathy and understanding. Alpha is fiercely entrepreneurial and we are focused on supporting our educators and scholars as they grow into self-reliant leaders who will achieve success in their school, college, and career. We’re committed to finding leaders who value and amplify the diverse experiences of our staff and scholars and their families, and who care deeply about addressing the inequities that exist in education.
What you’ll do…
School Level Operations
- Serve as the manager for the school based Operations Team, including weekly or bi-weekly check-ins, coaching and feedback feedback meetings to further the development of the school based Office team.
- Participate as a member of the School Leadership Team
- Uphold operational vision for the organization at school level.
- Ensure school is in compliance with all regulations and campus safety requirements.
- Create and maintain student data systems, for reporting and data analysis purposes.
- Ensure school systems and processes are effective and documented centrally.
- Complete monthly facilities and operations walkthroughs and reporting data to the school leadership team.
Budget and Finance
- Work with the school principal and Alpha network finance team to develop and manage the school’s budget as the primary budget manager at the school.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions and submit them to the Alpha network finance staff for processing.
- Ensure school adherence to Alpha’s fiscal policy and procedures;
- Manage school purchasing process by placing orders with vendors, managing school credit card, tracking delivery and maintaining inventory
Family & Community Engagement
- Build relationships with the community and motivate families to engage with and/or join Alpha
- Manage logistics for all family, school-specific recruiting, and community meetings events
- Manage enrollment documents/registration process via Alpha’s enrollment system
- Serves as a liaison to the Parents Association
- A high school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of work experience in operations management
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese (Vietnamese highly preferred)
You stand out by being…
- A Strategic Thinker: The School Operations Manager diagnoses problems/systems gaps, identifies key strategies/solutions, and then effectively communicates and ensures disciplined execution.
- A Strong Project Manager: The School Operations Manager is an expert project owner for a school-wide system or project through setting clear goals and timelines, keeping a wide range of stakeholders accountable, and assessing progress for the successful completion of the project.
- Entrepreneurial: The School Operations Manager demonstrates risk taking, innovation, self-confidence, and the ability to push oneself beyond one’s comfort zone.
- Relationship Oriented: The School Operations Manager demonstrates how they have leveraged relationships to improve the outcomes on their projects and will develop strong relationships with Alpha students, families, and staff.
- A Strong Communicator: The School Operations Manager effectively communicates with Alpha students, families, and staff, in written and verbal forms.
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.