Job Title: SAP Functional SCM Consultant
Location: Various locations in US
Ready to take the first step towards translating your education to a career in technology? Are you just graduating college, or thinking of finally ditching that position you have to start your career and tech and don’t know where to get started?
GenSpark is looking to Hire, Train and Deploy a SAP Functional SCM Consultant. This is a fantastic opportunity for recent college graduates with a Computer Science or Information Technology degree, Veterans with relevant experience, or individuals with a background in IT (self-taught, on the job training, or bootcamp participants) looking to upskill.
We will take your current computer science knowledge and combine it with our trainings in SAP Functional SCM Consultant, to get your career started.
GenSpark equips you with the training and experience you need! During the first few weeks of joining GenSpark, you will complete intensive technical training to take your skills to the next level.
After your training is complete, the company hires you and gets you working with a client so that you can begin your dream job.
GenSpark is hiring promising people like you for entry-level IT careers.
Spark your career in tech with GenSpark! GenSpark fills technology talent gaps by bridging underrepresented pools of talent to corporations in need of key skills.
The company’s passion for opportunity and diversity translates into a 100% investment in ensuring client and candidate success. Candidates are employed and custom-trained to the specifications of client firms, connecting them to fulfilling careers.
What is a SAP Functional SCM Consultant and what does a SAP Functional SCM Consultant do:
SAP Supply Chain Management is one of the key modules in SAP ERP and controls Production Planning, business forecasting and demand planning.
The key features of SAP SCM are −
- It helps the organization to manage their supply chain process in a dynamic environment.
- SAP SCM process helps suppliers, customers, manufacturers, business partners and retailers connect with each other to manage supply chain process effectively and efficiently.
- It helps organizations to accelerate and optimize end-to-end procure-to-pay process.
- SCM products from SAP allows an organization to integrate their processes and enforce contract compliance for supply-side and supplier-side requirements throughout using supply chain processes in distributed environment.
- SAP SCM is a complete software to cover the key processes- Supply Chain networking, supply chain planning and coordination, and supply chain execution.
- It includes different planning applications related to Advanced Planning and Optimization APO, and for the integration with other SAP execution applications.
- The primary applications are SAP General Areas, SAP Supply Network Collaboration SNC, SAP Extended Warehouse Management EWM, Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO), Forecasting and Replenishment FRE and SAP Transportation Management TM.
- In the image shown below, you can see SAP Supply Chain Management and its integration with other R/3 modules to manage supply chain process
Using Supply Chain Management in SAP, an organization can achieve the following benefits in a distributed environment −
- Reduce accounts receivable collections with better visibility into the AR process, aging, and extension of credit and consequently, help to reduce the day’s sales outstanding.
- Effectively manage forecasting and handling sudden changes in demand and supply process.
- Effectively use Net Fixed assets NFA like plants and equipment.
- To meet customer demands, you can smartly plan and manage Supply Chain Management process in an organization.
- Proper inventory optimization, order fulfillment, and shipping of the goods.
- Distribution of the key information to all the stakeholders spread across the network.
- Improve communication and collaboration between different business lines to manage demand and supply process in an organization.
- Improve production efficiency and reduction in production quality issues and hence reduce cost of goods sold.
- To reduce transportation duties and taxes, and increase rebates and incentives. It also helps to reduce transportation errors.
Key Responsibilities and what you will learn and do as a SAP Functional SCM Consultant:
- Experience in SAP SCM and if require domain experience.
- Involved in implementation/support projects with end-to-end implementations experience.
- Work experience on SAP Functional in Supply Chain Management.
- Able to architect SCM solutions, based on customer requirements.
- Assist in mapping the requirements into SAP Processes and design the solutions.
- Customize and develop the SAP-system in a project team, supported by experts.
- Configuration changes based on requirements of client with change in business processes.
- SAP-SCM-EWM Extended Warehouse Management, APO, Material Management and Production Planning module.
- Learn to design/configure business processes in SAP MM to manage and record inventory and goods
- Learn to design functionality to manage employee workload and warehouse operations
- Learn to Provide configuration data migration interface and functional support as necessary
- Learn toLead design of IM/WM interfaces conversion programs reports and enhancements
- Learn to Develop and maintain systems documentation including business process procedures functional design specifications process flows and test cases
- Learn to Define user authorization requirements
- Learn to Provide help desk support assisting and resolving end user support problems resolving IM/WM defects (‘break/fix’) analyzing proposed improvements or changes to the Navy ERP IM/WM solution and system
- Learn to Prepare/conduct briefings demos or training sessions as needed
What We Offer:
This is a unique chance to develop your career with a rapidly growing technology company. We have a national footprint, and partner with companies that range from Fortune 500s to industry innovators and disruptors. Program graduates will be qualified to build and support enterprise level applications as they develop the next generation of technology. So, if you have the talent, we have the program to help you grow your IT career.
As a GenSpark Associate, you don’t just get a job – you also get job-ready training. During your first 10 weeks with GenSpark, we invest in you by providing intensive technical and soft skill training to help you transition from education to career. After your initial training is complete, you’ll start working on real-world IT projects alongside our clients. This emphasis on training and real experience provides the perfect platform to launch your career in tech.
- Competitive Compensation
- Great benefits package to include, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K and much more
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent mentoring throughout your career with GenSpark
- One on one interaction with trainers and support staff
- Career launch with one of many Fortune 500 companies in the US
COMPENSATION: Annual overall compensation will be in line with industry norms and includes an excellent benefits package. Relocation assistance will be provided based on project locations.
What you’ll need:
- Be able to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
- Be open to relocation.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or related discipline).
- Strong communication skills paired with a desire to work as a software consultant.
- SQL or database programming is preferred.
About GenSpark Consulting:
GenSpark is a division of Pyramid Consulting, a $310M IT Consulting firm. Pyramid Consulting is among the Top 100 largest minority and privately owned IT Consulting firms in the U.S. The success of our clients is facilitated through our ability to provide full-spectrum support via our development centers – from a single consultant under their management, at their site, to full turnkey solutions onsite and offshore.
Pyramid Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All applicants hired will be subject to a background check and drug screening.