Clean Harbors is looking for a Sales Tax Analyst in Norwell, MA. The Sales Tax Analyst is an integral part of the tax department that is responsible for the renewal of business licenses and managing resale and exemption certificates for our customer base. The position will also include the preparation of some sales tax returns.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Renew local business licenses
- Assist in management of sales tax exemption and resale certificates in OneSource and our internal billing system
- Assist in the research and management of the taxability of products and services related to the hazardous waste industry, oil recycling, oil blending industry, and other Clean Harbor industries
- Help in the management of tax audits in order to minimize potential audit exposure
- Prepare US State and Local Sales Tax Returns utilizing our software systems
- Assist with administrative functions within the department as needed
- Knowledge of OneSource Determination/Sabrix preferred but not essential
- Recommend ways to improve the sales and use tax compliance at Clean Harbors
- Support tax staff with acquisitions and other corporate reorganizations
- Knowledge of General Accounting and Reconciliation Processes preferred
- Recent College Graduates are encourage to apply
- Administrative professionals are encouraged to apply
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Minimum High School diploma with specialized training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc.
- Should have minimum of 0-1+ years Sales and Use Taxes
- Experience working for a Publicly traded company a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical skills and aptitude
- Accounting for Sales and Use Tax knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft highly desirable
- Knowledge of Sabrix highly desirable
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.