At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a generalist, gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales organization hum.
- Strategy & planning: pulling ongoing and ad hoc reporting for weekly / quarterly business reviews, and providing insights to inform business decisions.
- Systems and operations: identifying and implementing improvements in current workflows and processes that can help improve efficiency and visibility – this might be in Salesforce.com or other tools.
- Sales Enablement: building programming and content to help new hires get up to speed as quickly as possible, as well as tracking the right effectiveness metrics to see what makes someone a top (or bottom) performer and how we scale those learnings.
- Since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, there’s a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today’s problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- You’ll be working in Salesforce and Google Sheets / Excel on a daily basis, while also talking frequently with our stakeholders in sales, marketing, ops, product, finance, and more to help troubleshoot systems issues, review insights from our analyses, and build future-state processes and systems.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Prior experience with Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, Tableau, Looker are a plus.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that’s easy to understand for all audiences. Previous salesforce experience is a plus.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you’ll need to be able to connect with sales reps and hardware engineers alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we’re doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well, and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable pivoting quickly and often.
- Bachelors from a top school preferred; ideal majors include economics, finance, business, statistics, computer science, and STEM
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.