View job on Handshake
Credit risk management is a core component of Calvert Impact Capital’s work as we look to identify, mitigate, and manage repayment risk while building impactful loan and investment global portfolios. We are seeking a Risk Management Analyst to support portfolio management and credit analysis. The role requires someone with financial analysis and Excel modeling skills, effective communications skills, as well as a desire to understand organizations and financing structures spanning a wide variety of investment products, impact sectors and geographies.
The Risk Management Analyst should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position will report to the Director, Risk Management and will work closely with members of the Risk Management and Investments teams. This is a terrific opportunity for someone early in their career interested in learning about investing for positive social and environmental impact.
- Portfolio Management/Monitoring: Provide analytical support to Risk Officers during credit risk underwriting, portfolio monitoring, and reporting. Supporting the development and maintenance of risk models, credit risk metrics, and other risk management infrastructure tools.
- Risk Management Research: Conducting independent research across a variety of risk management topics, including sector, geographic and product research to support development and continued enhancement of risk management infrastructure.
- Risk Management Administration: Administrative support for the monthly Watch List Meetings and Risk Management Committee meetings of the board of directors.
- Other: Being a positive contributor to our high-performing, mission-driven culture while engaging with colleagues on the team and across the organization on special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about the mission and work of Calvert Impact Capital and our commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Enjoys data analysis, independent research, and creative problem solving.
- Is fluent in English and has strong written and oral communication skills.
- Can work effectively independently as well as part of a team.
- Is intellectually curious, with an openness to different perspectives and analytical approaches.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment with the ability to work across teams, multi-task, and prioritize often competing demands.
- Has a positive, “can-do” attitude focused on implementing creative solutions
- Has an undergraduate degree, with a basic understanding of finance and/or accounting; proficiency in Microsoft Excel strongly preferred; rudimentary familiarity with relational databases, statistical software, and/or data visualization tools (e.g., AirTable, Power BI, Salesforce) a plus.