View job on Handshake
Keweenaw Waters Resort seeks an experienced Resort Manager to lead their resort team in Houghton, Michigan.
The Manager heads up Houghton, Michigan’s newest recreational resort boasting 25 acres of waterfront on the Portage Canal. The resort includes a variety of 1 – 5 bedroom modern cabins along with 79 full hookup campsites—-all perfect for a family event, reunion, business stay, or romantic getaway.
The Resort Manager will be directly involved in opening this property which is currently under construction and slated to begin initial stages of business in the winter of 2023. You will be the first person hired on this team. In turn, you will hire the entire operations team. You are a key player in the creation of the Copper Country’s premier vacation experience—-Keweenaw Waters Resort.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
Before opening – you will work alongside the owner and the construction team gearing up for hiring a team for operations. Upon opening, you will manage daily resort operations and provide leadership in delivering outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead, direct, and manage all resort operations including budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, service initiatives, performance, implementing and complying with company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the operations team, responding to guest inquiries, and resolving concerns.
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction.
- Monitor and develop team members to include professional development, scheduling, conduct counseling/evaluations, and deliver recognition and rewards.
- Recruit, interview, and train team members.
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, and guest satisfaction.
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps; correct deficiencies.
- Serve as primary liaison with resort owner.
- Marketing and public relations—engage and promote sales and group bookings including local universities and corporations.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Starting salary $45,000 – $55,000 annually based on your knowledge and hospitality experience. As the resort grows, your salary has room to grow as well.
- A flexible work schedule which requires weekends and evenings as needed. No, we don’t expect you to work every weekend. Once you’re up to speed on operations and staffing management, your schedule offers much room for flexibility.
- Room to grow. We do not limit employees in their opportunities to grow in our company. If you’ve got a great idea, we want to hear it and recognize your efforts.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR.
- Experience in resort, hotel or hospitality management, or a directly related position preferred.
- Experience managing a team required.
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting required.
- Experience with reporting to ownership.
- Experience with media and online marketing helpful.
- Experience in opening a new business, resort, or hospitality endeavor a bonus.