We are currently seeking a Research Technician to join a research lab at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY. This individual will work as part of a highly talented team of molecular, cell, and developmental biologists who are seeking an understanding of how cells navigate through the body during development, and how defects in this process lead to developmental disorders. The lab focuses on research in developmental and molecular biology by performing a variety of techniques – including molecular biology, live imaging, genetics, biochemistry, and using cutting-edge computational methods for image analysis.
- Utilize molecular biology approaches including cloning and experiments with DNA, RNA, and proteins to support the science of the lab.
- Apply cell and tissue biological approaches including analysis of embryos by immunofluorescence.
- Conduct fixed and live imaging of developing embryos using confocal microscopy and custom image analysis software.
- Assist in the maintenance of a transgenic mouse colony including animal husbandry, genotyping, and database maintenance.
- General lab organization including accurate documentation and recording/maintenance of large data files.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- A minimum of one year of undergraduate research experience is required.
- Ability to coordinate complex assignments on a day-to-day basis.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to perform complex tasks effectively and
- independently with general instruction
- Ability to follow instruction with an eagerness to learn and grow professionally.
- Current GPA and contact information for three references are required.
When submitting your application, please include contact information for three professional references
Remaining in a normal seated or standing position for extended periods of time; reaching and grasping by extending hand(s) or arm(s); dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers, for example using a keyboard; communication skills using the spoken word; ability to see and hear within normal parameters; ability to move about workspace. The position requires mobility, including the ability to move materials weighing up to several pounds (such as a laptop computer or tablet).
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this position with reasonable accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
This job description sets forth the job’s principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements; it should not be construed as an exhaustive statement, however. Unless they begin with the word “may,” the Essential Duties and Responsibilities described above are “essential functions” of the job, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Compensation and Benefits