View job on Handshake
RESEARCH SCIENTIST – Solid Form Screening in West Lafayette, Indiana
Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist is an integral part of the Curia team, contributing to our success by being part of the most trusted provider of drug discovery, development and manufacturing services for pharmaceutical and biotech innovators. To accomplish this, we provide exceptional scientific expertise and maintain relationships with customers by demonstrating service that goes above and beyond the ordinary. Having the right people on our team is critical to this mission.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
We are recruiting for a scientific contributor for our West Lafayette, Indiana facility. The main activities of the Research Scientist will be to perform solid form screening experiments, crystallization process development experiments, interpret solid state analytical data and report the results.
In this role, you will:
- Perform laboratory experiments in the areas of crystallization process development and solid form screening of pharmaceutical compounds including but not limited to polymorph, salt, cocrystal and crystallization screens.
- Interpret data from a wide range of solid-state and particle characterization techniques.
- Convey experimental and analytical results to clients in data summaries and reports.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (records and lab notebooks).
- Meet timelines for delivering on clients’ expectations.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with internal and external clients, both verbally and through written data summaries and reports.
- Collaborate with co-workers and contribute to team activities.
- Comply with all cGMP, laboratory SOPs, and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices according to Curia Environmental Health and Safety policies
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related science field with 0 – 5 years relevant laboratory experience.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and the ability to learn other scientific software packages, as required.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills to identify and solve work related issues.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a cGMP environment preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiarity with characterization techniques such as XRPD, DSC, TGA, 1H NMR and vapor sorption.
- Experience conducting solid form screening and/or crystallization process development experiments.
U.S. employees of Curia Global Inc. and its subsidiaries (a “Company”) hired after December 7, 2021 must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodations from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S. employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or to request and receive a disability or religious accommodation that the applicant is entitled to under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any earlier or later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regards to an individual’s disability or religion or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
All interested applicants must apply online. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.