Who We Are:
We support the Commercial Vehicle Systems Department by maintaining and repairing gaseous emissions equipment especially Horiba MEXA emissions benches.”
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve as the engineering lead for the team troubleshooting Horiba MEXA emissions benches by coordinating activities and serving as the scientific expert on the equipment.
- Work with internal project leaders to ensure that the repair team maximizes instrument uptime, meets project needs, and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Work with management to improve existing preventive maintenance practices and implement new procedures.
- Crosstrain to serve as a technical engineering expert on other emissions equipment managed by the group.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering-intensive tasks for Horiba MEXA benches, like analyzer/bitmap changes and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Assist with other instrument troubleshooting/repairs on an on-call basis.
- Review data and repair reports to verify that repairs addressed the root cause of issues.
- Meet with project leaders to understand their analysis needs and properly identify equipment and procedures to meet them.
- Train technical staff on instrumentation and verify that procedures meet technical and regulatory requirements.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or directly related engineering degree
- 2-5 years: Experience applying gaseous measurement equipment to automotive emissions testing and/or troubleshooting gaseous measurement equipment, especially Horiba MEXA emissions benches
- Experience with coding and/or Labview preferred but not required
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.