Job Title: Research Engineer – Advanced Text Processing (Search and NLP)
TigerGraph is the world’s most scalable graph analytics platform designed to unleash the power of interconnected data for deeper insights and better outcomes. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the next generation graph computing and analytics platform.
TigerGraph is looking for a Research Engineer in the Innovation Lab to conduct advanced research and development in the area of advanced text processing with seamless integration with graph database systems. The ideal candidate should be a hands-on research engineer with education or professional experience in text search and NLP-based intelligent search technologies, creative innovator with the curiosity and desire to go beyond what has been done before, as well as proven ability to turn advanced R&D ideas into working prototypes to be incorporated into product lines.
- Research, design and prototype innovative approaches to integrate state-of-art text search and NLP into graph database systems
- Investigate various techniques to process unstructured text to support fast and intelligent search
- Explore different ways to integrate advanced text search / NLP into a graph database system
- Work with product engineering to turn advanced prototype into production implementation
- Collaborate with external researchers and partners closely to jointly develop new innovative approaches on high performance intelligent search
- Author, publish and present innovative ideas in internal and external conferences and online media.
- Currently in school earning Bachelor’s or Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or a related field.
- In-depth knowledge on large scale text search technologies
- Familiar with state-of-art research and tooling in using NLP for knowledge extraction and intelligent search
- Industry or research experience in text search and NLP.
- Familiarity with graph database systems and graph analytics application is a plus.
- Passion to take on hard and complex problems to have an impact on practical enterprise applications.
- ‘Can do’ attitude with a strategic and rigorous mindset and be comfortable working in a fast paced, multifaceted environment.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with peers inside and outside companies.
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.