Research Data Associate for NSF Digital Worker
The New York University Grossman School of Medicine’s Department of Population Health is leading an exciting initiative to understand how inclusive technology can enable workers in diverse roles and skills to leverage increasing access to data driven technologies. This project seeks to alleviate existing misalignment between current healthcare work and Data-Intensive Technologies (DIT) in three ways. First is through the co-development of tools and generalizable design principles with users that lower the barrier to technology integration for healthcare workers. Second is by empowering individuals within healthcare systems who have diverse roles to adopt and use the tools and improve their skills. Third is to enable patient-centered healthcare that promotes autonomy and strengthens clinician-patient concordance.
The initiative is led by Devin Mann MD, MHS and Katharine Lawrence MD, MPH, both faculty in the Department of Population Health. The position will be based in the Division of Healthcare Delivery Science in the Department of Population Health, a dynamic learning environment focused on improving patient safety and outcomes.
The individual in this position will support research design, study management, data collection, preliminary data analysis and results dissemination. He/She will work as part of a team to initiate, conduct, and manage recruitment for the research study, which include working with providers and clinical staff, assisting with medical chart reviews, virtual patient screening, outreach activities, and more. The successful candidate will have a high degree of professional maturity, commitment to excellence, independence, flexibility, and initiative, and will possess the ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals, teams, and populations both internally and externally.
- Support recruitment and enrollment of research subjects according to study protocol
- Screen participants for eligibility for research study
- Ensure accurate execution of research protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA, and required obligations to patient/subject, Principal Investigator (PI), research team, and the sponsor
- Organize meetings and facilitate communication of the research team by assisting coordinator to prepare agenda and minutes for team meetings.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the project
- Attend project staff meetings as needed
- Contribute to submission of grant-mandated deliverables, interim reports, financial reports and progress updates and participate in preparation of these reports.
- Compile and consolidate data and conduct preliminary analyses for presentation to sponsoring agencies and scientific community.
- Perform data collection for quantitative and/or qualitative analysis and assist in interpretation of results for projects.
- Collect patient information from electronic health record (EHR) and other data sources for the research project
- Perform detailed EHR chart review to ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Conduct literature searches and reviews on topics relevant to research project.
- Assist with the preparation, editing, formatting and submission of manuscripts, poster presentations and other materials for dissemination.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years of professional research experience OR a Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, applied statistics, or related field
- Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Commitment to continuous learning as required by department administration.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Experience working in an Academic Medical Center preferred
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with IRB submissions, chart review of EHR clinical data, and working on qualitative and quantitative research.