View job on Handshake
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
- The Research Computing Specialist shall be responsible for:Providing desktop support to Boston Children’s Hospital scientists and clinicians; with supervision and direction, completing assignments in the required timeframe while consistently adhering to standard operating procedures and best practices; adapting to a changing environment, resolving basic problems associated with assignments, and seeking supervisor assistance when needed.
- Participating in Research Computing projects with other members from the BCH research community; demonstrating achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Clearly explaining completed work and assignments. Identifying unfamiliar circumstances and escalating to the supervisor; sharing knowledge and supporting team members.
- Ability to resolve basic problems associated with assignments; readiness to seek advice and guidance when needed and, to operate effectively as a member of a team; ability to follow technical documentation and standard operating procedures.
In order to qualify you must have:
- An Associate’s degree in a computer centered discipline
- Familiarity with desktop operating systems and computer hardware; ability to follow stringent data privacy requirements.
- Familiarity with some of the technologies used in support of biomedical research, such as programming languages (R, Python, C, Java), scripting (bash, tcsh), databases (SQL), biomedical software, service request management software, knowledge management, and project tracking systems.
- Passion for new technologies and science.
- Preference for candidates with understanding of biomedical research environments.