View job on Handshake
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Research Communications and Outreach Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Washington, D.C.
Salary: $23.73 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
· Strong written and oral communication skills as evidenced by a writing sample;
· Experience defining target audiences for communication material and/or outreach efforts;
· Experience working in teams and individually;
· Strong organizational skills; and
· Strong skills working with most Microsoft Office Suite applications (preferably Office 365).
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in management, technical communications, technical writing, or a natural science- or environmental engineering-related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Immediate Office of the Assistant Administrator (IOAA), within the Office of Research and Development (ORD), provides leadership for implementing and communicating the research conducted under ORD’s six research programs to a wide-range of stakeholders. The six research programs (NRPs) include Air, Climate, and Energy (ACE), Chemical Safety for Sustainability (CSS), Homeland Security (HS), Health and Environmental Risk Assessment (HERA), Safe and Sustainable Water Resources (SSWR), and Sustainable and Healthy Communities (SHC). https://www.epa.gov/research/national-research-programs.
Research conducted under the six NRPs is providing the strong scientific and technical foundation the Agency relies on to fulfill its statutory obligations and help Agency, state, and other partners address their most pressing environmental and related public health challenges.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Assisting with the development of presentations and posters;
- Designing and developing internal and external communications materials;
- Providing support for research planning activities; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org