Research Associate III-Analytics
We run one of the largest genome centers in the country and with that comes the necessity to maintain the quality of our testing. This research associate role is part of our Translational Development team and is responsible for developing and transferring technologies and product upgrades from R&D to our CLIA laboratory. The role requires a wide breadth of knowledge in wet and dry bench skills and an eagerness to collaborate across multiple disciplines at Myriad Women’s Health. AC
What you’ll do:
- Process modeling: develop models of laboratory processes in order to provide guidance prior to implementation and explanations of laboratory behavior afterwards
- Process development: Analyze assay performance, identify trends to propose and implement improvements to our production workflows
- Computational experimentation: execute simulations on both a local machine and cloud-based computing platform and perform basic analyses of results
- Data visualization: produce clear and informative visualizations using business intelligence tools and modern programming languages (e.g., Python, R)
- Production lab troubleshooting support: collaborate with other members of R&D and Operations to root cause issues
- Documentation: document work in detailed and organized manner, version control and document code, participate in report preparation and revision
Core competencies: values, attitudes, attributes (need at least three)
Question: What differentiates a GREAT candidate versus a good candidate?
- Passionate about Myriad: Values what we do
- High-quality RA: Open-minded, collaborative, self-starter, intellectual curiosity
- Quick learner: Includes being self-motivated to identify tools and packages that are appropriate for the task
- Problem solver: Ability to identify patterns in data, troubleshoot, drive to identify and improve processes
- Industry experience in clinical environment
- Role-specific: skills, knowledge, experience
- You have a BA/BS or MA/MS in a computational field (e.g., Biochemistry, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.), and/or 2+ years of full time experience working in a position involving scientific modeling, data analysis, and data visualization
- Previous experience working with minimal supervision is a plus
- Able to accurately document your work and effectively communicate progress in written and verbal form. Previous experience in scientific communication is a plus
- You are experienced in using Python or R to perform statistical analyses and data visualization. Experience with SQL, Bash scripting, and/or business intelligence tools is a plus
- Familiarity with genetics, laboratory automation, molecular biology, and/or experimental design is a plus
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company’s website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.