Mekonos is a company dedicated to making personalized therapies more accessible.
Our mission is to build the future of cell therapies on a chip and we are building the first-of-its-kind digital cell-engineering platform. Our universal delivery strategy utilizes a scalable silicon chip architecture to deliver molecular cargo into cells ex-vivo at high throughput with exceptional yield. This novel approach enables the parallel engineering of cells for direct applications in precision medicine, synthetic biology, and fundamental science.
We are an interdisciplinary team of individuals passionate about solving some of the world’s most difficult technical challenges in medicine. As a company, we think great ideas should embody elegance and scalability, and we believe that diversity is at the root of every great innovation. With backgrounds in cell biology, materials chemistry, electrical and mechanical engineering, physics, computer science and business, we are brought together by our curiosity and passion for solving difficult technical problems. As part of our team, you will work at the intersection of biology and engineering developing cutting-edge technologies with direct commercial applications in precision medicine.
Mekonos is an early stage deep-tech startup that is transforming scalable cell engineering. In this role, you will work beside wet lab scientists and hardware engineers to further the development of our silicon chip based cell engineering platform. We are looking for resourceful, highly motivated people interested in a multidisciplinary role at a fast growing company. Talented individuals will have the opportunity to craft their responsibilities to best fit their unique skills and interests.
- Further the development of our patented delivery chemistry
- Plan and execute research operations
- Assist with lab management tasks (procurement, inventory, equipment maintenance, etc.)
- Demonstrate high scientific integrity and reporting standards
- Promote a positive and exciting work environment
Who you are
- B.S or M.S in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biochemistry or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of wet lab research experience (academic or industry)
- A collaborative team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Looking for research at the intersection of science and engineering
- Excited to work in a fast paced research environment
Technical skills you must have (required)
- Strong understanding of general organic chemistry
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, learn new skills, and problem solve independently
- Excellent computer skills: data processing and presentation
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
What would make you stand out (not required)
- Experience in surface chemistry or surface characterization (XPS, Raman, electrochemistry, etc)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and a general understanding of cell biology
- Experience with lab management
- Basic familiarity with Python, or a similar programming language, for data processing and visualization
Primary Research Facilities & Locations
- UC Berkeley, Biomolecular Nanotechnology Center (Berkeley, CA)
- Bakar BioEnginuity Hub (Berkeley, CA)
At Mekonos, we believe true innovation starts with diversity; that’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Mekonos recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
If this opportunity sounds like it was tailor made for you, please reach out even if you don’t have everything on our wish list. We are a growing company and searching for exceptional team members to help us along the way. We would love to hear from you.