The Research Associate position offers a curious and motivated individual the opportunity to develop his or her securities analysis abilities through continual interaction with experienced analysts and portfolio managers. The Research Associate will have frequent opportunities to contribute meaningfully from an early stage. The Research Associate will be challenged by the commitment to excellence that pervades the company’s culture.
The Research Associate will support portfolio managers and analysts in the investment process by helping to maintain analyst earnings models, supporting the data integrity of our fundamental business analyses, and performing portfolio performance attribution analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide investment research support through the maintenance of the firm’s research database and research tools.
• Support analysts with general company or sectoral research as requested.
• Provide attribution or statistical analysis on portfolio and market conditions for portfolio managers as requested.
• Assist with the development of presentations that best represent the work of our research team.
• Conduct and coordinate analysis for portfolio managers and other client-facing staff in addressing client queries, meeting with clients, and reporting to clients.
• Outstanding academic record and rigorous course work at university
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with expertise in Excel
• Keen quantitative skills
• Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
• Demonstrated communication skills, written and verbal
• A comprehensive package that includes a competitive base salary, an annual cash bonus based on individual performance, and a remunerative long-term incentive plan
• Comprehensive benefits package
As an equal opportunity employer, Harding Loevner believes that its pursuit of diversity, equity, and inclusion will strengthen its ability to serve its clients effectively and sustain its success through superior decision-making leading to superior investment outcomes. Harding Loevner celebrates differences among employees in personal attributes, background, and experience as a means to improve collaboration and mitigate cognitive biases.