Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join our Research & Development department located at our St. Joseph, MO facility. As a Co-Op, you will support scientists & engineers with developing and evaluating automation of sample collection and analysis, automation of data collection/analysis, and process control strategies in an R&D-scale laboratory for bioreactor/fermentation processes.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Integration of upstream process equipment, analytical equipment, middleware and statistical software
- Assist with writing process control recipes, feedback loops and test system suitability
- Work with vendors to communicate needs and pitfalls of the system and workflows
- Support of incorporation of Process Analytical Technologies (PAT)
- Provide support in benchtop bioreactors, operation, antigen purification technologies and vaccine formulation processes
- Provide support with various analytical equipment (cell counters, bioanalyzers, and LC systems)
- Work in a R&D lab/team environment under the leadership of a scientist
- Train on the equipment, methods and procedures (including HSE and Biosafety) relevant to the project
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Lab experience a plus
- Programming/Automation experience
- Chromatography a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.