The Division of Medicaid has an exciting opportunity as a Business Intelligence Analysts on our data analytics team. This position will support the data needs both within and outside the Medicaid organization.
The successful candidate will have experience and education that will prepare them to analyze very large sets of data, identify patterns and trends, and to design reports according to customer demand. A successful candidate will be able to communicate through charts, graphs, descriptive statistics, and other means to varying audience types. The incumbent will support the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Division’s Data Warehouse and related Business Intelligence reporting tools in order to respond accurately and timely to federal, operational, legislative and funding requests for information.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance-employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Research Analyst Principal – Business Intelligence Analyst making $29.75/hour to an estimated $42.16/hour.
If you have previously applied for Research Analyst Principal and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
Example of Duties
- Perform statistical analysis, interpret trends, develop conclusions, and summarize results.
- Develop reports using claims and transactional data available through department data warehouses with data extraction tools such as Business Objects Web Intelligence, Cognos, and database querying (SQL).
- Generate, compile, and submit reports as required.
- Review and confirm accuracy for all federal and state data reports within the Division of Medicaid.
- Communicate results of data extractions and internal analysis as needed.
- Develop and design data analytics that support value-based contracts, population health management, quality outcomes, and reducing costs.
- Perform multivariate statistical analysis and develop models for prediction and forecasting.
- Sustain methods for data quality and maintaining accuracy of the data warehouse.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. If it is a written answer, please make sure you answer each question with enough detail to determine how you meet the requirements. Do not put see resume as your answer to written questions. Answer each written question thoroughly. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Experience that demonstrates considerable knowledge of modeling and trend analysis and simulation techniques.
- Experience planning, developing, and implementing complex research and statistical projects and presenting the results.
- Experience using and interpreting output of a statistical analysis software package.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/EXTRA CREDIT:
Below are additional qualifications. They are not required, however, having the minimum qualifications and the education and/or experience below will increase your score. Please answer each item below with enough detail to determine you meet each requirement to receive extra credit.
- Experience analyzing health data. Gained through two semesters of college coursework or three years of related work experience.
- Experience working with relational databases and integrating data into a database. Gained through two semesters of college coursework or three years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care related, informatics, statistics or mathematics related disciplines or 5 years of direct experience in health care analytics field (insurance company, hospital, consulting company, actuarial firm).
- Comfort in working in a multi-data source and multi-schema environment and tying data sources together either for one-time use or ongoing use via skills and experience with Cognos, PL/SQL, Excel, and Statistical Analysis Software (SAS). Gained by at least two years of experience using and interpreting statistical output from a statistical analysis software package.
- Experience working with ArcGIS mapping software. Gained through two semesters of college coursework or 2 years of related work experience.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.