Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is seeking a detail oriented and self-motivated research analyst to carry out research, data analysis, data visualization, and report writing relevant to the trade of food, beverage, and agricultural goods.
The Research Analyst contributes substantially to the work that BCI delivers for our clients, including
· Assessments of current or promising international markets for client products
· Competitor studies to provide global or market-specific intelligence
· Evaluations to assess and improve the impact of market development programs
· Development and maintenance of customized databases providing exporters with comprehensive regulatory compliance requirements
· Weekly customized BCI Monitor newsletters alerting clients to specific regulatory and trade developments that could impact their business
· Data analyses and development of dashboards to support client strategy, planning, and operations
· Research and analysis to support BCI’s market access and market development work
The Research Analyst will engage in activities for client-driven work, such as:
· Market research
· Regulatory research
· Trade policy research
· Data analysis using Excel, including use of Pivot Tables
· Interview research
· Creating data visualizations
· Drafting comprehensive reports
· Drafting clear, concise newsletter items
· Other duties assigned in support of BCI leadership and activities
The successful candidate must demonstrate a high degree of the following capabilities:
· Research aptitude – the ability to diligently seek out all information needed to thoroughly run a research question to ground
· Analytic skills – the ability to critically analyze data and understand the insights it has to offer, to arrive at a clear understanding of technical regulations, and to bring together quantitative and qualitative information to draw supportable conclusions
· Writing, Excel, and Graphics skills – the ability to convey complex or technical information in an accurate, concise, and understandable way
· Attention to detail – accuracy in our data analysis, regulatory analysis, and report writing is critical to our clients’ success and our company’s reputation
The Research Analyst works within a small and highly collaborative team. This position offers early opportunities to lead and own projects. Potential for significant professional growth is supported (pre and hopefully post-COVID) by opportunities to work on many types of projects, peer mentoring through teamwork, interaction with experienced professionals throughout the company, field trips to industry facilities, and support for training and professional development activities. Happy hours, an annual off-site retreat, fantasy leagues, and daily chatter with others who share your passion for all things international help build BCI’s strong culture.
Bryant Christie Inc. is a dynamic and growing international affairs management firm with offices in Seattle, Washington and Sacramento, California. The position may be filled in either office. This is a salaried position that includes benefits. Salary level depends on experience.
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Bryant Christie Inc.
1418 Third Avenue, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.