Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst to support the Department of Defense’s assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Air Warfare-related Major Defense Acquisition Programs. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials regarding the testing and operational evaluation of electromagnetic warfare systems on fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft. It also involves advising analysts in other warfare domains (land, sea, space, cyber) on the testing and operational evaluation of systems that depend on the electromagnetic spectrum. The position involves analyzing the needed test resources for, and the design, execution, and results of, testing and associated modeling and simulation activity, and providing an independent assessment to the Department of Defense’s Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of tests is required. Travel is required.
- A Doctorate degree in Physics, Engineering (Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical), Chemistry (Theoretical, Nuclear, Physical), Applied Mathematics, Materials Science, Astronomy, or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus coupled with 4+ years operational or commercial experience; OR
- A Master’s degree in Physics, Engineering (Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical), Chemistry (Theoretical, Nuclear, Physical), Applied Mathematics, Materials Science, Astronomy, or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus coupled with 8+ years operational or commercial experience.
- Candidates must have demonstrated quantitative computational and data analysis skills.
- Candidates must be able to speak and write clearly, think analytically, and work independently or in a small team.
- Experience with electromagnetic warfare systems (radiofrequency or electro-optical/infrared), radar, communication systems and/or datalinks (including their electromagnetic protection) is highly desired.
- Experience with military or civilian aircraft operations, acquisition, or testing is desired.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. Having a current TS/SCI is desired.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer