View job on Handshake
Research Analyst – Summary/Objective:
BuiltWorlds Research Analysts develop and maintain the research offerings that help our 260 plus member companies gain a deeper understanding of the new and emerging trends and technology applications disrupting the Buildings & Infrastructure Sector. Working as part of our small but fast growing team, Research Analysts also play an important role helping our investor, industry, and technology network members and broader community learn and connect by building and maintaining our solutions database, programming and running analyst calls, writing research reports and briefings, facilitating workshops and forum meetings, helping program and moderate conference panels, and more.
The topics we cover include:
- Venture investment, M&A, IPOs, and Startups Ecosystems.
- Smart and Sustainable Buildings and Infrastructure
- Emerging Technology in the design, construction, and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure.
- Evolving the industry workforce.
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Robotics and Advance Equipment and Machinery
- Modularization and Prefabrication
Successful candidates are hard working, high-energy, enthusiastic, ready to roll up their sleeves and and perform analytical research work while also proactively connecting with members and the broader ecosystem to fuel that research as well as our live programming.
Research Analyst – Essential Functions:
(Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.)
- Maintain an overall knowledge of BuiltWorlds members to ensure we are tapping their expertise and engaging them appropriately and also providing them the kind of insights they value.
- Collect, record, and disseminate relevant data in our online databases.
- Perform ongoing regularly scheduled “analyst calls,” create and deliver presentations, and develop compelling short form, business-oriented briefing on key trends and topics.
- Ensure adherence to professional standards and ethics of prospect research.
- Participate actively in BuiltWorlds events, posing questions to gather data from speakers and members, and also writing briefings and other research related to our digital and live events.
- Create and distribute newsletter helping members stay on top of focus areas.
- Write, read, update and publish content (articles, lists, research reports)
- Perform outreach to members and others to source speakers and curate insights to be presented at events and in research.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to locate and understand industry information and how it relates to the topic.
- Demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and adaptability
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office & Google suite of applications evidencing an ability to learn to leverage new applications such as Hubspot, WordPress, and Adobe. Prior experience with any of these applications is a plus.
- Strong comfort level and aptitude for writing and interviewing
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs (as needed)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university
Other differentiating areas of experience we will be looking for:
- Studies and/or professional experience working in architecture, engineering, construction or other Built Environment Fields.
- Tech/startup/venture Industry experience.
- Graphics/Experience rendering data visually.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Experience with cold outreach/sales.
- WordPress, CRM, CSS, Tableau, Adobe, or PHP experience.
- Experience working with other online research/investment information tools such as Gartner, Pitchbook, or Bloomberg.
- This role operates in a fast paced startup office environment
- The BuiltWorlds’ office is located in downtown Chicago’s Fulton Market
- You will be asked to provide your own computer and phone
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We will allow remote work 1-2 days per week.
- Attendance at BuiltWorlds events/shows and industry networking events will also be expected (as applicable). We currently go to Paris, Palo Alto, and Miami for our conferences.
- Our HQ is inside of a WeWork Space in downtown Chicago featuring different working spaces, a commons floor where the have free coffee, snacks, and weekly events.
- There is a very low cost gym in the building.
- The red line El and several buses stop at our location for those who don’t walk or bike to work.
- We have a constant beat of educational programming for our members, and we encourage our team to take advantage of those learning opportunities as well.
- We will provide time for evening and part time MBA programs.
Benefits: (Strong benefits package, including):
- Unlimited PTO
- This is a bonus eligible position.
- Up to 15% travel is expected within this role