View job on Handshake
Are you looking to join an exciting, diverse, and multifaceted global engineering team? Well we have an outstanding opportunity for you!
For this position, we are seeking an experienced Electrical / RF engineer to work within our Engineering Technology group by adding an outstanding set of technical skills to a team of successful engineering professionals.
Our Engineering Technology group is responsible for developing, optimizing and implementing proprietary process technologies and equipment for our manufacturing plants world-wide. One of the businesses supported by this group is the Avery Dennison RFID Division and Intelligent Labels Group with plants in US, EU, Mexico, China, Malaysia and Vietnam, and it is a global leader in integrating RF (UHF and NF) technology into customer applications within the garment and other Consumer oriented markets.
You will be responsible for testing and design optimization aided by computational software simulation of Radio Frequency (RF) antenna in RFID circuits. You will also develop and apply sophisticated methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of RFID system design requirements and problems. Incumbent will craft and lead/participate in laboratory experimentation using electronic and mechanical test equipment. This position includes theoretical work as well as experimental work.
Other responsibilities will include:
- The collection and analysis of experimental data and make comparisons with theoretical models.
- Run system simulations and collaborate with RF antenna design teams to determine design feasibility.
- Test transmitting and receiving antenna performance used in RFID.
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to other groups within Avery Dennison organizations.
- Prepare, deliver, and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies and training.
- Stays ahead of with the latest technical developments and promising new technologies within area of expertise.
- Conduct site visits and support experimental investigations and analyses of engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations to the business unit on possible approaches on how to resolve or improve processes.