WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies — the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Individuals are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Individuals are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
Our research subsidiary in Seoul is seeking candidates for the Quantitative Researcher position, whose job responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
● Building mathematical, algorithmic, computer-driven models that seek to predict the movement of financial markets
● Performing analysis of financial datasets via existing tools and data, and developing newer data tools
● Exploring academic literature on mathematical finance
● Constructing innovative technological tools and bringing a product mindset to help conduct research faster and with greater efficacy
● To understand the connections between advanced mathematical, computational and machine learning methods and their intersection with the modern financial industry
● To learn from world-leading researchers
● To work in a friendly and collegial working environment
● To have the opportunity to be promoted to Vice President in 2-4 years; followed by possible global mobility within the firm’s other locations (for the right role and right reasons)
● Degree (BEng, MSc and PhD) from a top university in a field, such as: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical engineering or equivalent
● High GPA and academic grades
● Research mindset: deep thinker, creative, strong work ethic, persevering, smart & a self-starter
● Programming skills — C++ and Python predominantly, but newer skills welcomed too
● Strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
● Strong communication skills in English — including both written and verbal
As a plus:
● While not mandatory, a strong interest in financial markets will definitely be beneficial. Prior experience in quant research will count as a big plus.
● Participant of International or regional Mathematics/Programming/Physics Olympiads
● Strong record of research achievement — examples include scientific publications, conference presentations, grants or industry awards
Eligible candidates will be working in Seoul, South Korea branch.