View job on Handshake
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and self-motivated quantitative developer intern to join a successful trading pod at Millennium. You will be involved in a series of infrastructure development initiatives including design, creation, deployment and management of data warehouse, research platforms, derivative pricing libraries, risk production as well as trading signals from various strategies. You will also be involved in researching and backtesting of multi-asset trading strategies and other ad-hoc projects. To be successful in this role, you will need to work very closely with the senior PMs, traders and fundamental analysts to understand their business needs and propose solutions. This is a unique opportunity to work as a junior quantitative analyst in very close conjunction with veteran trading professionals to help them enhance analytical tools, identify trade opportunities and manage portfolio risks while growing with a well-established investment team.
1. Maintain, trouble-shoot and improve our existing infrastructure and systems including databases, web dashboards and analytical spreadsheets on an ongoing basis.
2. Spearhead and build out our next generation of data warehousing solutions and cutting-edge front office analytics
3. Create and deploy various pricing libraries including but not limited to options on equities, credits and rates.
4. Conduct ad-hoc quantitative projects to help portfolio managers screen trades and understand risk.
5. Follow the market, read research papers, participate in team meetings and trade discussions, to understand business needs and backgrounds in a big picture.
Technical Skills Required:
1. Skilled and hands-on computer programmer, where knowledge of Python, SQL is a must while C++ and CSS are preferred, and the ability to learn new languages and technology as needed.
2. Good understanding and strong intuition of financial derivatives in general, such as options and swaps.
3. Solid foundation in stochastic calculus and derivative pricing theories as the hire is expected to work on a few challenging pricing projects.
4. Knowledge in statistics including linear regressions and time series models.
1. Intellectually curious, self-driven, and possessing a dogged determination.
2. Detail-oriented, time-sensitive and can work in fast paced settings.
3. A team player that is collaborative and communicative.
4. Multi-tasking capability while being able to prioritize things properly.
5. Innovative problem solver