View job on Handshake
We are looking for a software developer with expertise in python to work on a Quantitative Portfolio Management Team here at Balyasny. You will work on projects related to web-based data platform development, data engineering and research, trading system development, and data-driven idea generation. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a Portfolio Management team at a leading hedge fund, offering hands-on experience at the intersection of fundamental investing, data engineering, data analysis, and quantitative strategy research.
- Maintain and improve data analytics web platform built in Python Django + React. Develop new features and functionality
- Enhance trading system functionality
- Develop data engineering pipelines
- Ingest and analyze alternative datasets. Develop data visualization and analytics projects
- Conduct independent research on various new datasets and help develop actual trading strategies
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRMENTS
- Bachelors/Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related quantitative field
- Expertise in Python 3.x and SQL databases
- Experience with AWS / cloud computing
- Experience in React/JS a plus
- Working knowledge in math, statistics and data analysis; familiar with Python data analysis libraries like NumPy, Pandas, etc.
- Self-starter, results-driven attitude and ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, outstanding attention to detail and strong organization skills