View job on Handshake
Sheladia Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. We are currently seeking an individual that is results-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and be a self-starter for the position of Proposal Manager – Writer.
The Proposal Manager-Writer is an integral part of the business development/proposal process. Under the Business Development Management Team’s direction, the Proposal Manager-Writer will lead all aspects of the proposal life cycle from positioning to award. The Proposal Manager-Writer will contribute to pre-bid preparation through and live proposal stage; the Proposal Manager will support partner/key personnel communication while also regularly integrating with Business Development and technical staff. The Proposal Manager-Writer is responsible for all administrative aspects of proposal development, ensuring all proposal documentation’s security and integrity, coordinating internal flow and review of all proposal inputs, and accountable for producing the final master proposal.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Review Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and bid/qualifications, understand the requirements of RFPs so that the customer requirements are clearly understood.
· Plans and develops unsolicited proposals and responses to RFPs, Request for Quote (RFQ), and Expression of Interest (EOI), including researching, writing, editing, and designing the final product.
· Collaborates with Sheladia’s Subject Matter Experts (Architectural, Civil, Structural, Construction Management, Graphics, and Proposal Production Departments and sub-consultants) to develop proposal strategy, identify potential areas of improvement, solutions, and themes that support the winning strategy.
· Develop Proposal writing outlines/calendars and Proposal and Compliance Matrix for kick-off team meetings.
· Lead, coordinate, manage and write, edit sections for readability, consistency, and appropriate tone describing company capabilities, management approach, and past performance.
· Serve as a team member supporting any required aspect of proposal development to ensure past performance relevancy.
· Manage the production of proposal submissions to ensure the quality of on-time delivery of all documents; ensure proposal complies with client requirements.
· Formats document to meet company guidelines and standards.· Coordinate, facilitate, and document internal post-proposal debriefs.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
· Ability to work collegially under severe deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments.
· Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment.
· Experience working in a high-paced environment; and time management and organizational skills.
· Experience editing professional and business writing;
· Exceptional writing and editing skills;
· High level of proficiency in MS Office applications;
· Strong organizational skills that demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
· Some broader communications experience/knowledge beyond proposal writing is desired;
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
Bachelor’s degree in related field or at least three years’ work experience in writing proposals in response to RFPs;
How to Apply:
Please feel free to apply directly to jobs(@)sheladia.com – include “Proposal Manager – Writer” in the subject line.
This position is open until filled.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer