The Centennial Group (www.Centennial-Group.com) is a global strategic and policy advisory firm that provides advice on a wide range of development issues. Centennial works mainly with development institutions—such as the African Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, World Bank, Japan Bank for International Cooperation, Japan International Cooperation Agency, Development Bank of Latin America, United Nations Development Programme, UN Economic Commission for Africa, International Fund for Agricultural Development and other UN agencies—as well as with private and non-governmental clients.
Centennial Group is looking to hire a Project & Research Associate who is a self-starter, good team player, good communicator, and good listener. The ideal candidate would have strong research and quantitative skills with the ability to succinctly summarize, draft notes and sections of reports, and prepare crisp presentations. Economics and/or finance training would be helpful . The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work directly with experienced development professionals, many of whom previously held senior positions at the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and other major international development institutions.
The Project & Research Associate role is a full-time, position designed for recent recipients of bachelor’s or higher degrees in the social sciences. Demonstrated interest in or experience working with international development institutions, as well as the ability to read and write in French, Arabic and/or Spanish are preferred, but not required.
Primary responsibilities would include:
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative data for analysis and reporting.
- Analyze data using various methods to understand key themes.
- Conduct analyses using multiple types of data (surveys, data analytics, qualitative data) and create reports with key findings, charts and tables summarizing results.
- Contribute to project deliverables by synthesizing key findings and analysis.
- Assist with writing, proofreading, formatting and other requests as needed.
- Prepare and write project proposals.
- Design, program, proof and administer electronic surveys.
- Formulate data requests to clients, communicating as necessary to resolve questions and ensure that the project team receives data necessary to meet project objectives.
- Provide qualitative research support, including logistical planning and participation in interviews and focus group discussions, and occasionally conduct interviews independently
- Assist with planning and organization of Emerging Markets Forum events in the DC area and abroad
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus) in Economics, Finance, International Relations or a related field
- 2+ years of work experience as a finance/business/project/research analyst
- Demonstrated interest in international development and the institutions that promote it
- Excellent writing, editing, and qualitative research abilities with attention to detail
- Robust experience with Microsoft Suite and statistical analysis software
- Experience with qualitative data analysis tools (e.g. NVivo) is a plus
- Experience designing and creating polished documents including creative graphics
- Strong statistical or econometric skills are desirable