Is your goal to become a Project Manager? Join us in 2023 for our Project Management Trainee (PMT) Rotational Program!
Headquartered in New Berlin, WI, Pieper Electric Inc. is offering a new, unique trainee program to recent college grads, allowing them to experience development opportunities to fast track their career growth to become a Project Manager. Over the first year, the Management Trainee will develop managerial competencies through a series of work related rotational assignments gaining practical, hands-on experience in an office setting with field exposure through working on job sites and managing material, manpower, and profits. As a Management Trainee, you’ll have the ability to choose 4 of our 18 service areas and 9 office locations to experience different specialties to determine your interest and strengths within our organization while building a network of peers for camaraderie and collaboration as well as working side by side with experienced PMs to manage projects from estimate to close out.
- Pre-plan and identify the methods to eliminate hazards daily by work task on job sites and in the office
- manage billing and collections to ensure positive company cash flow under the direction of experienced Project Managers
- Facilitate constant process improvements in the area of production and efficiency in our field labor.
- Under the direction of Project Managers, establish what is to be done one a week to week basis, when, and by whom. Analyze and forecast factors that affect efficiency and results. Develop appropriate programs, strategies, schedules, and supervision.
- Share manpower, resources, and tools with all projects, departments, and branches as needed.
- Satisfy our customers to provide repeat sales and favorable recommendations.
- Begin providing field employees with personnel development plans, monitoring, and coaching as well as constant performance related feedback.
- Act as a team player; lead by example; provide necessary and frequent communication to team to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management/Sciences, Engineering (electrical, mechanical, building science, etc.) or related discipline
- Positive safety attitude and personal integrity – both are non-negotiable
- Be highly customer-service oriented
- Prior experience in the electrical or construction field preferred
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think independently, conceptually, and apply practical solutions
- Capabilities to self-start, display solid work ethic, and aspire to move ahead.
- The talent to act decisively and aggressively through positive communication with others.
- Be willing and capable of completing personal development plans for self and subordinates preferred. Desire to learn and grow personally and professionally required.
- Ability to effectively utilize basic Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves moderate manual labor in outdoor environments
- Ability to accurately multi-task in a fast-paced environments
- High level of mechanical aptitude demonstrated by high school and college classes (not gaming or information technology)
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include interstate and intrastate travel and daily time frames that could exceed typical business hours
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities
- Strong desire to learn and to be a contributing team member
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office products and the web
- Strong desire to be part of a dynamic and Servant Leadership based company