View job on Handshake
Plenary is a leading specialized developer of long-term Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 55 projects and more than $21 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces.
Why Work for Plenary?
Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, ranked as a Best Place to Work in Canada and certified as a Great Place to Work in both the US and Canada, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Together, we bring infrastructure to life.
- Financial modeling and analysis, including development and working with discounted cash flow (DCF) models.
- Assisting bid leads in developing team’s response to requests for qualifications and requests for proposals, including management of deadlines, deliverables, and partner contributions.
- Preparation of documents including credit papers, ratings papers, briefs, client communications, presentations and bid documents.
- Support senior management in other areas as required.
- Reporting directly to the bid director while working on small, focused teams for pursuits, with immediate opportunities for mentorship from industry leaders.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or Mathematics; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Up to one year of experience in private equity or exposure to the P3 market considered an advantage (but not a requirement).
- Experience through an internship or co-op placement considered an asset.
- Exposure to a structured transactional environment in investment banking, project development or private equity will be highly regarded, together with an understanding of general accounting principles (an asset, but not a requirement).
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated aptitude with MS Excel financial models (preference for DCF model training and knowledge).
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills with the ability to effectively manage time, priorities and multiple deliverables.
- Solid communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to draft and create bid submission documents, credit papers and contract reviews and explain them in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, but also work cohesively in a small team environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other Microsoft Office tools.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, and 401k/RRSP plan with employer contribution.
- Four weeks vacation.
- Long-term development opportunities and ability to be part of an exciting and growing industry.
We have offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Denver and Tampa, as well as site offices throughout the US and Canada.
Note: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are committed to continuous improvement, and a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Plenary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and employment decisions are based on merit and business needs only. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.