WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business, regional and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer. This position provides support to the Development Projects Team during the startup phase of critical new projects. The Project Engineer will evaluate project needs, prepare, and coordinate development plans, and track and evaluate project performance. The Project Engineer will utilize strong communication skills to accurately convey program requirements and coordinate the resolution of key issues to the Fabrication Plants, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Quality Departments. While performing all duties and responsibilities, the Engineer will always model LMI values and principles and act in a manner consistent with the LMI Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Project Managers in the development of project start up plans, creation of conceptual planning, and coordination of customer approvals necessary to launch new programs
- Function as a key interface between Manufacturing Engineering, Project Management and Plant Operations to ensure complete understanding of requirements, goals, and constraints
- Prepare project schedules detailing critical milestones, first article flow and transition to production
- Coordinate and resolve engineering issues related to production and assembly operations
- Document issues and communicate to related departments
- Develop and implement plans for resolution
- Follow up to ensure that issues have been successfully resolved
- Assist Development Projects Team in the preparation of presentation materials for project reviews
- Gather, organize, and analyze data related to status and performance on the project
- Evaluate potential problems and provide risk assessment
- Document corrective actions and ensure understanding of all team members
- Facilitate the use of the Teamcenter system on a given program to organize and manage technical data in support of project needs
- Support/lead offsite meetings at supplier or LMI Aerostructures locations to coordinate project requirements and resolve of critical issues
- Participate in various process improvement projects
- May facilitate or lead teams
Yes, 20% of the time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, experience in project management in the manufacturing industry or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. A history of applying engineering techniques and methods along with a basic understand of lean manufacturing techniques is preferred.
- Excellent PC skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, CATIA and Visio. Experience with TeamCenter Suite is a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting time requirements. Must be able to promote a participative, team-oriented environment, working with customers (both internal and external), all employees, vendors, and others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical materials, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, work instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees, and vendors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, accounting and financial calculations and projections. Ability to produce and interpret financial reports in graph and diagram form.
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
- Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
NOTICE ON FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS
It has been brought to our attention that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from LMI Aerospace, Inc. and/or its affiliates (“LMI”).
This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services such as false websites, or through fake e-mails or call from people claiming to be from the company. These persons offer fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive personal and financial information. The fraudsters may also request recipients to provide personal information and/or to make payments as part of their fake recruiting process.
LMI does not ask for any financial commitments from candidates as a pre-employment requirement. LMI will always require candidates to formally apply for positions via the Careers Page or job postings.