View job on Handshake
Williams International has an exciting opportunity for Project Analyst to join our team. The Project Analyst will assist the PMO and Program Managers (or Program Management Teams) in coordinating the planning and execution of project plans using the critical chain scheduling methodology. This job requires certification as a Critical Chain Professional by the PMO. In addition, the Project Analyst will be responsible for working with contributing team members across the organization (DTP Teams, Manufacturing, Procurement, PM&C, Product Support, etc.) to help them identify and focus on finishing priority tasks and evaluating potential ways to accelerate progress.
Responsibilities will include the following:
1) Participate in project launches as directed by the PMO which includes assisting the team on reaching agreement on project objectives, planning, executing (including schedule maintenance), and conducting what-if analyses to support decision making.
2) Assist the Program Manager in coordinating with project teams to detail plan larger work efforts, clearly define task inputs and outputs by clarifying requirements, remove roadblocks to help tasks or groups of tasks get completed quickly and accurately, and coordinate updating tasks in the Critical Chain software.
3) Monitor and report task progress to the Program Manager and team, communicate and/or address changing resource needs as priorities shift or technical developments occur, and provide feedback to the PMO regarding best practices and lessons learned.
4) Obtain certification as a Critical Chain Professional which involves completing all items on the Professional Certification Checklist as verified by a Specialist or mentor.
- This job requires a Bachelor’s Degree and the knowledge and skills gained with zero to three years` experience in project/program management or general business/supply chain. Excellent communication and people skills are a must. The candidate must be proficient in some form of scheduling software (preferably Microsoft Project), understand Critical Chain/Path concepts, and work well with spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation tools. The Critical Chain Project Analyst will be trained in the Critical Chain software as part of the certification process, but the ability to learn technical concepts quickly is essential since the work environment is fast paced.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.