Programmer: Applications Analyst 1 – (2935-12)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 02/08/2022
Job & Family Services
222 E. Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
WORK HOURS: 80 biweekly
(Potential for Hybrid Remote Work Schedule)
STARTING SALARY: $1845.60 biweekly
Applicants for Children’s Services positions cannot provide foster care for children in the custody of Hamilton County.
JOB DUTIES (SUMMARY):
· Creates, tests, debugs and documents application programs designed around the specific needs and requests of clients. Organizes and evaluates data and forms to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Utilizing the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), assists in the design, preparation, testing, implementation, and training phases of projects as requested or assigned.
· Maintains programs and performs necessary upgrades. Accountable for handling client maintenance requests to update, repair, modify and/or expand existing applications. Applies knowledge effectively to research, troubleshoot and resolve production support issues. Maintains documentation as necessary for operational and security audits.
· Acts as a resource to other Information Systems staff. Contributes to the orientation and training of Information Systems personnel.
· Serves on or chairs various departmental committees to recommend standard or procedural changes.
· Evaluates hardware and software and makes recommendations for their acquisition and utilization.
· Keeps up-to-date with software and technology trends. Utilizes expertise of computer hardware and software along with the knowledge of different computer languages.
· Attends training classes or seminars as needed to maintain understanding of current and evolving technology.
· Assumes the role and responsibilities of an Applications Analyst 2 when necessary. Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION):
· Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience
· OR Associates Degree and 3 years’ experience
· OR High School or GED and 5 years’ experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates can be developed after employment)
· Knowledge of: knowledge in one or more of the following: (Crystal Reports, SQL, APEX, JAVA, WordPress, Enterprise Content Management (ECM)/Business Process Management (BPM); operation of computer hardware and peripheral equipment; computer programming; data and file structure; agency policies and procedures. *
· Skill In: define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of technical material; interview job applicants effectively; understand manuals and verbal instructions, technical in nature; write and/or modify, test and debug full range of computer programs using high level languages; prepare meaningful, concise and accurate reports; gather, collate and classify information about data, people or things; cooperate with co-workers on group project; work independently as well as a part of a team.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: None
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED:
Background checks consistent with requirements in OAC 5101:2-5-09 must be completed at employment and every ten years following, including but not limited to the following systems:
· State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS)
· State Child/Abuse Neglect Central Registry Check for any state in which the applicant resided within the last five years
· Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification Investigation (BCI)
· National Sex Offender Public website (WWW.NSOPW.Gov) Code 5101:2-5-09 must be conducted for each prospective employee