Quality Counts (QC) is all about collecting and communicating high quality transportation data that improves roadway safety and efficiency for communities. QC is committed to building diversity within a team of employees aligned with our values of quality, character, and attentiveness. Our company culture is entrepreneurial, equitable, and inclusive and we are an industry leader with consistently high levels of employee engagement because of it!
Work is about more than what you do. It’s about how you do it and how it impacts your team and the greater community. If you share our enthusiasm for pursuing growth opportunities and improving communities, QC may be the perfect place for you.
- Work in a Cohesive Team Environment Where You Are Valued
- Remote is OK
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Paid Time Off & Volunteer Time Off
- 401K Employer Contributions
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life
- Performance Bonuses
Our Programmer Analyst will wear multiple hats as they work on a variety of commercial products and internal tools. You will use your savvy sense of modern database design, python/scripting best practices, data wrangling, and attention to detail to help develop map-based applications for data management, analysis, reporting, and visualization. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to hone your data science and machine learning skills while working with existing models and experimenting with new models.
· 2-3 years of experience in scripting or software design and development with Python
· Ability to write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable Python code
· Experience in working with relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL/ MariaDB, etc..
· Ability to build/adapt (conceptual, logical and physical) data models and schema designs to create new application features set or to improve accessibility, efficiency, consistency, and quality of an application
· Strong SQL data management experience (PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MySQL)
· Ability to take the initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
· Knowledge of GIS concepts
· Knowledge about GIS data formats including ESRI Shapefiles, KML, GeoJSON.
· Experience with data modeling and visualization tools such as R, PowerBI, or Tableau