HJF is seeking a Program Coordinator (USU Council of Centers Directors) to support the Operations Department located at the Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to the Operations Department.
The Program Coordinator will support the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USU) Operations department. HJF’s USU Operations team facilitates the USU partnership through research program management and project support. The Program Coordinator directly supports the USU Centers Operations (UCO) team, which is one of multiple management teams within the USU Operations Department. The UCO facilitates the pre- and post-award research administration for the USU centers and other large programs, with a particular focus on support to the USU Council of Center Directors (CCD). The UCO coordinates with HJF and USU leadership teams to facilitate process improvements that impact the overall award management and principal investigator experience.
The incumbent will perform a wide range of administrative and clerical duties. The incumbent will be assigned tasks that may be complex in nature and require proper judgment in resolving problems. Incumbent should be highly motivated with great attention to detail and the ability to speak professionally to key leadership. The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative project execution under the guidance and direction of UCO program management leadership.
- Provides excellent customer service and polite written communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains UCO team calendar and coordinates meetings, as requested.
- Prepares meeting agendas, takes meeting minutes, and follows-up on action items with key stakeholders.
- Maintains UCO team task list and monitors project progress. Assists with initiating, organizing, and completing team projects.
- Performs typing assignments and proofreads all work—drafts correspondence on behalf of the UCO leadership.
- Maintains USU Centers directory up-to-date and ready to print or share as requested by USU Ops leadership.
- Maintains and updates databases and spreadsheets as needed. Acts as records coordinator for the UCO team.
- Organizes data queries in Excel using pivot tables and other program tools to create financial graphs and reports for monthly dissemination to Centers Senior Program Managers.
- Serves as the Onboarding POC for the UCO team to ensure new hires receive a warm welcome and experience a smooth onboarding process in their new roles. Duties include monitoring the status of security investigations, assisting new hires in completing required onboarding forms, and preparing new hire’s first-day logistics.
- Coordinates with the Communications department in developing reports and promotional material as needed.
- Assist the Strategic Initiatives team on special forums or special events sponsored by the CCD.
- Coordinates staff travel for UCO team members in coordination with Department Administrative Assistant, as needed.
- Communicates with IT and HR for various tasks, as requested by UCO leadership.
- Determines new administrative procedures for the UCO team as necessary.
- Orders and maintains team office supplies in coordination.
- Operates automated office equipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Excellent and professional communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people; Organized and deadline focused; Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.; Ability to work independently; Ability to use sound judgment and reason in solving problems; Ability to coordinate many complex tasks and projects at the same time; Ability to handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond quickly to quick turnaround tasks. Excellent interpersonal skills. MS Excel savvy and proficient with other Microsoft Office Suites programs.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 0-2 years related experience in scientific project or program management.
Work Environment: This job takes place in a typical office setting. This position allows for 50% telework & 50% on site presence.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.