NATURE OF DUTIES:
The Unit Manager will have tactical leadership of employees in a manufacturing department to achieve safety, quality and productivity objectives as set forth by a Section Manager.
- Lead department safety initiatives, including accident investigations, job hazard analyses, and other related functions
- Lead start of shift meetings to ensure clear communication of key metrics and daily expectations, address open issues, etc.
- Perform Leader Standard Work, including any audits, torque checks, etc.
- Support department and Test department Continuous Improvement Team meetings
- Instill safety culture proactively within the department, while ensuring corrective actions are robust and sustained
- Lead department quality initiatives, including gate management, defect resolution, tool performance, audit systems, and other related functions
- Lead department continuous improvement initiatives, including line balancing, process walks, 5S activities, HPWT, daily housekeeping, and other related functions
- Create daily staffing assignments, develop and maintain a training plan, and ensure appropriate job rotations
- Complete daily functions, including time and attendance, training records, overtime management, vacation scheduling, and proper record keeping
- Create an engaged culture through employee engagement
- Complete timely performance reviews for employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven leadership ability, manufacturing or related field management experience, self-drive and initiative